Malai kofta is a popular Indian vegetarian dish made of potato & paneer balls dunked in smooth, rich & creamy gravy. Malai translates to cream and kofta to fried balls.
Prep Time : 21-25 minutes
Cooking time : 31-40 minutes
Course : Main course veggiterian
Serve : 4
level of cooking : Moderate
Taste : MildIngredients for Malai Kofta Recipe
- Step-1: Heat a pressure cooker. Roughly chop tomatoes and put into the cooker along with cashewnuts, ginger, green cardamoms, red chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp oil and mix well.
- Step-2: Add 1 cup water and close the cooker with the lid. Cook under pressure till 4 whistles. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Step-3: Grate paneer into a bowl. Add green cardamom powder, salt, flour and mix well. Take small portions and shape into koftas. Deep-fry these koftas till golden.
- Step-4: Drain and place on tissue paper. Once the pressure reduces, open the lid of the cooker and blend the mixture with a hand blender.
- Step-5: Strain the mixture and pour into another non-stick pan and heat. Add a little cream and garam masala powder and mix.
- Step-6: Arrange the koftas in a serving bowl, pour the gravy over, drizzle a little cream and serve immediately.
- Calories : 920 Kcal
- Carbohydrates : 31.4gm
- Protein : 43.6gm
- Fat : 68.9gm
- Other : Zinc- 3.4mg
Last updated 3 mins ago