Vegetable biryani is an aromatic ric dish made by cooking rice with mix veggies, herbs & biryani spices. Making a vegetarian version becomes much simpler as the veggies need no marination.
Duration : 45 minutes
Prep Time : 15 - 20min
Course : Main course veggiterian
Serve : 4
level of cooking : Moderate
Taste : mildIngredients for Veg Biryani Recipe
- Step-1: Take pan boiled water add sabut long, kali mirch, tejpan, elaichi add 1 teaspoon ghee than add soaking rice into water boiled for 3 min than keep aside add 2drops ghee and mix it gently.
- Step-2: Take one bowl add 1cup yogurt add all spices as per your taste like salt, black pepper powder, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masla powder, kasturi methi, cumin powder, chaat masala, biryani masala, 1 teaspoon garlic - ginger paste keep aside.
- Step-3: Take half onion sliced than take heated pan fry onion slice till golden brown keep aside. 2 peeled potato cut in medium size fry till golden brown than add only fried potatoes into yogurt mixture for marinate which is already prepared for 20 min
- Step-4: Take heated oil pan for making biryani. Add cumin seeds, 1 pinch hing, add sliced onion, vegetable like i tooked frozen sweet corn. Fry it in medium flame mix it well till golden brown. Add spices as per your taste (red chilli powder, coriander powder) mix well. Add tomato slice than now add salt as per your taste and rest spices.
- Step-5: Add tomato pury stirring gently in low flame. Till oil left from the pury.
- Step-6: Add marinate mixture than mix it well than pour half boiled rice spred gently . Add crispy brown onion which already prepared than add mint leaves, some drops of ghee, soaking saffron mixture now covered with aluminum foil and close the lid.
- Step-7: Cook for 5 minutes than garnish with coriander leaves than serve with bundi raita (Raita is a perfect combination of any Biryani)
- Use saffron for a dash of colour.
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes.
- Calories : 139Kcal
- Carbohydrates : 3.7gm
- Protein : 17.3gm
- Fat : 64.4gm
- Other : Fiber- 43.1gm
Last updated 3 mins ago