Moong dal halwa is an Indian dessert recipe which is very famous North Indian recipe and is made with yellow moong dal. This authentic moong dal halwa is known for its intense labor but every bit of effort put into making this recipe is worth it. Moong dal halwa is rich and melts in your mouth.
Soaking Time : 3hours
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
Course : Dessert
Serve : 4
level of cooking : Moderate
Taste : SweetIngredients for Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
- Step-1: Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add gram flour and mix well. Add moong dal, lower heat and mix well.
- Step-2: Sauté, stirring continuously, till golden brown or for 20-25 minutes.
- Step-3: Heat ½ cup milk in another non-stick pan. Add generous pinch of saffron and mix well for 1 minute. Switch off heat.
- Step-4: Heat sugar and 1 cup water in another non-stick pan. Cook till sugar dissolves completely.
- Step-5: Add saffron milk to moong dal and mix Well.
- Step-6: Add khoya to moong dal mixture along with cardamom powder, some almond slivers and sugar syrup.
- Step-7: Mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring once a while.Remove lid, mix once. Switch off heat and transfer in a serving dish.
- Step-8: Serve hot garnished with chandi ka varq, saffron and remaining almond slivers.
- Calories : 3364 Kcal
- Carbohydrates : 63.3 gm
- Protein : 386.5 gm
- Fat : 174 gm
- Other : Calcium- 723.2
Last updated 3 mins ago