Khandavi is a delicious Gujarati snack made with besan or gram flour. Soft, flavour melt in mouth gram flour rolls or pinwheels servedd with green chutney.
Duration :16-20 minutes
Prep Time : 26-30 minutes
Course : drink appetite
Serve : 4
level of cooking : Difficult
Taste : MildIngredients for Khandavi Recipe
- Step-1: Sieve besan and keep in a bowl. Grind ginger and green chillies. Grease the reverse side of a few thalis or marble table top with a little oil. Make buttermilk with yogurt and half a cup of water.
- Step-2: Mix the besan with ginger-green chilli paste, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and buttermilk, taking care that no lumps remain.
- Step-3: Cook this mixture, stirring continuously, in a thick bottomed pan till it becomes a smooth thick batter. It takes a little time to get ready.
- Step-4: Quickly spread portions of the mixture over the greased inverted thalis or marble table top as thinly as possible while the batter is still hot.
- Step-5: When cool, cut into strips two inches wide and roll them tightly. Heat two tablespoons of oil and add a pinch of asafoetida and mustard seeds.
- Step-6: When they splutter, pour over the pieces. Serve garnished with scraped coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Making Khandvi is an art. It takes some practice to get the correct consistency after cooking. Try out a small portion first.
- Calories : 1232 Kcal
- Carbohydrates : 85.8 gm
- Protein : 35.3 gm
- Fat : 83.2 gm
- Other : 21.2gm
Last updated 3 mins ago