Chole bhture is a food dish originating from northern India. It is a combination of chana masala and bhatura, a fried bread made from maida. Chhole bhature is often eaten as a breakfast dish, sometimes accompanied with lassi.
Prep Time : 8-10 hour
Cooking time : 51-60 minutes
Course : breakfast/brunch
Cuisine : Punjabi
Serve : 4
Level of Cooking : EasyIngredients for Cholebhature Recipe
- Step-1: Take chickpeas in a pressure cooker. Add tea bags, 6-8 cups water and salt, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or till fully done and soft. Drain the chickpeas, discard the tea bags and reserve the stock.
- Step-2: Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and powdered sugar in a parat. Add yogurt and mix well.
- Step-3: Add some water and knead into a soft dough. Add 1 tablespoon oil and knead well.Set aside for 15-20 minutes
- Step-4: Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Step-5: Add ginger-green chilli paste and sauté for 30 seconds. Add coriander powder, cumin powder and chilli powder and mix.
- Step-6: Add chole masala and dried mango powder and mix. Add reserved stock, mix and bring mixture to boil.
- Step-7: Add boiled chickpeas and ¾ cup water, mix and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Lightly mash.
- Step-8: Add dried pomegranate powder and garam masala powder and mix. Add ¼ cup water. Chop tomatoes, add to pan, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Step-9: Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape into balls. Grease worktop with some oil and roll each ball into thick discs.
- Step-10: Deep-fry each disc in hot oil till light golden and puffed up. Drain on absorbent paper.
Step-11:Garnish chole with a coriander sprig and serve hot with bhature.
- Calories : 2130 Kcal
- Carbohydrates : 251gm
- Protein : 55.9gm
- Fat : 100.2gm
- Other : Zinc- 4.7mg
Last updated 3 mins ago