Appe or Paddu is an Indian dish made by steaming batter using a mould.The batter is made of black lentils and rice and is similar in composition to the batter used to make idli and dosa.
Prep Time : 15-20 hour
Cook Time : 26-30 minutes
Course : drink appetite
Serve : 4
level of cooking : Easy
Taste : MildIngredients for Vegetable Healthy Appe Recipe
- Step-1: Soak semolina, Bengal gram. black gram and parboiled rice together in 2 cups water for 10-12 hours. Drain and blend them with sufficient water to a smooth mixture. Transfer into a bowl and ferment for 6-8 hours.
- Step-2: Soak fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds in ½ cup lukewarm water for 6-8 hours. Drain and blend them with coconut and sufficient water to a smooth paste.
- Step-3: Add coconut paste, turmeric powder, salt and jaggery powder to fermented batter and mix well.
- Step-4: Heat an appe griddle. Add some oil in each dent and pour batter into them till they half filled. Cover and cook till puffed up and the underside turns golden brown. Turn them over and cook till the other side turns golden brown.
- Step-5: Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Calories : 1463 Kcal
- Carbohydrates : 40 gm
- Protein : 215.2 gm
- Fat : 49.2 gm
- Other : 0
Last updated 3 mins ago